- This event has passed.
Call It Hate Conference, Budapest
26 September 2019 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
LGBTI PEOPLE AND VIOLENCE IN EUROPE:
STUDYING ATTITUDES, CHANGING MINDS
September 26 and 27, 2019
Poets from Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Russia, Poland, Germany, Scotland will recite their poetry piece to unite and empower national and local organisations as well as individuals who are active in the implementation of victims rights on the internet. Through poetry and music we promote online respect, responsibility and citizenship.
The project “Call It Hate: Raising Awareness of Anti-LGBT Hate Crime – CIH” – which lasts for 24 months (from January 2018 to December 2019) – aims to raise awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among the general public and within the LGBT communities, emphasize the need to report, and empower victims. As such, the project addresses a common need within the European Union to inform and empower targeted communities and prevent secondary victimisation of victims of homophobic and transphobic hate crimes. Specific objectives of the project are designed to directly deliver against the above-evidenced needs and seek to:
- Measure awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among the general public;
- Identify the most effective campaign and outreach strategies;
- Raise awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among general public;
- Improve access to justice, empower victims of anti-LGBT hate crime and encourage them to report;
- Share good practices in raising awareness and outreach to victims;
- Strengthen cross-border and multi-agency partnerships;
- Disseminate information about research results and other activities within the project.
Core activities of the project include:
- Quantitative and qualitative research;
- Preparation of reports and factsheets;
- Organisation of international training;
- Organisation of awareness raising campaigns and outreach activities;
- Organization of press conferences and final conference.
The project will be implemented in 10 European countries. countries by a consortium of almost 50 partner organizations.
University of Brescia (Italy), Lambda Warsaw (Poland), Hatter Society (Hungary), in cooperation with the National University of Public Service (Hungary) and together with almost 50 partner organizations from 10 European and extra-European countries, are excited to announce the international conference Raising Awareness On Anti-LGBT Hate Crime: Research, Policy and Practice, organized within the framework of the EU-funded project Call It Hate. During the conference the Call it Hate Research Report will be launched
The conference will focus on the following themes:
– Attitudes towards LGBTI people in the society
– Violence, hate crime, hate speech and discrimination
– Outreach, advocacy and campaign activities
– Laws, policies and practice
The list is not intended to be exhaustive. Contributors should feel free to examine any other relevant aspect of anti-LGBT hate crime law, policy, research, training, practice or advocacy.